As most of you already know, the default background image you see on your desktop can be set to any image of your choice. Windows itself comes with a good collection of background images or wallpapers but you have full freedom to choose any picture from your system. This picture can be a digital photograph, a downloaded image or even a slide show of few randomly selected images. There are a lot of free websites you can download background images from. For instance, if you want to make your background to go with the Christmas mood, you can download Christmas background and then follow the process of setting up desktop background.
Changing desktop background in Windows 7
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Type ‘desktop background’ in the search box and click on ‘Change desktop background’
- Choose a picture from the list and click on it
- If the picture or image you are looking for is not in the list, check it out in other categories by clicking on an item from the Picture location list. Alternatively, you can also search the picture by browsing from your files and folders.
- When you find the picture, just double-click on it.
- Next you need to select the position of the picture; you will have different options like to crop the picture so as to cover the whole screen, fit the picture to the screen size without cropping it, stretch the picture to the screen size, use it as tile or put it in the center of the screen. Select the one you want to have and Save the changes.
There is another method as well. Let’s say you are browsing your pictures and feel like setting up one of them as your computer background. All you need to do is right click on the picture and click on ‘Set as Desktop Background’.
Changing desktop background in Windows 10
Before you proceed to change your desktop background, make sure that Windows 10 is activated and you’ve NOT turned off showing your desktop background. Also, as far as possible, try to use a background image of the size of your screen resolution you’ve set to display; it will give best results.
There are multiple methods to set up your desktop background but the easiest one is to do it through File Explorer:
- Open File Explorer
- Choose the image of your choice
- Right click on the image and click on set as ‘desktop background’.
To set up slide show:
- Select multiple images from the same folder
- Right click on any one of the selected images
- Click on ‘set as desktop background’.
Now that you know how easy it is, go ahead and enjoy changing your desktop background whenever you feel like.