Apple iPhones usually come with one year limited warranty that covers hardware repair. If you have bought AppleCare+ protection, the warranty may extend to two years. So, the first thing to consider while getting your iPhone repair is to find out whether you are still within the warranty period. Next, you need to read the fine print in order to determine if the specific damage is covered under the warranty.
Common Issues You May Encounter
Following are some of the common issues you may encounter:
- Broken Screen: Cracked or broken screen is a common problem that can ruin your day. You may want to find a repair service that can replace the screen within a day, if not quicker.
- Water Damage: If your iPhone is suffering from liquid damage, you will need a service to flush out the liquid. You will also need to deep clean the phone and determine the extent of the damage.
- Dead Battery: If your iPhone battery does not hold charge longer, it can seriously hamper your productivity. Battery replacement can be an ideal solution to go for in such cases.
- Loss of Data: If your iPhone is damaged or locked, and you have some important data inside, you may need a data recovery service that can retrieve and transfer the data to a new device.
- Other issues: You may encounter several other issues like non-functional speaker, broken buttons, weak signal or something else that requires advanced repair.
Getting Services Within the Coverage Period
In order to check your warranty coverage, visit Apple’s iPhone support page. You can then sign in with your Apple ID or click on the serial number link below the “sign in” button and proceed with your device’s serial number.
If you are within the coverage period, you can take your phone to a nearby Apple-authorized service center. However, many of the service centers may be closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. In such cases, you may have to mail your phone to Apple.
Looking for Independent Repair Shops
If the iPhone warranty does not work for you, you may need to look for independent repair shops. Needless to say, the repair cost would vary by the repair service you choose. However, the cost would be typically lower than that charged by Apple.
In order to find a local repair service, you can take the help of Google Maps, Apple Maps or online business directories like Yelp. Alternatively, simply type phone repair near me in Google and you will come across a number of options. However, the real challenge is to assess the quality and reliability of the repair shop you would be trusting with your valuable iPhone.
Read the customer reviews and try to find out how long they have been into business. Always go with experienced repair services like Techrepairdepotus.com to ensure that the problem is diagnosed and fixed correctly. If you need to get any component replaced, make sure that the repair shop uses genuine parts from Apple.